Saturday, July 30, 2011

Warning! & Caution Children at Play (2 post in 1)

(1st post)


When you come in my home don't expect it to be perfect, because that just isn't going to happen. It's not that I am a dirty person or lazy, it's just I have 2 small kids. I do my best to keep up, but some days it's just too much. So yeah when you walk in the door you will most likely see toys all over the floor, thanks to my 1 yr old son, an empty sippy cup and or bottle laying around. You might find dishes in the sink and cheerios on the floor ( cause I haven't had time to sweep)or even plates on the table. Clean clothes may still be in baskets waiting to be put away, and the beds unmade, with a pair or two of dirty socks gracing my floor. Shelves might be a little dusty and the trash may need to be taken out, but a person can only do so much. So here is the deal, I won't judge you so don't judge me. By the end of the night before I go to bed, toys are put up,clean clothes are folding and put away and the dirty clothes are picked up, floors are swept, trash is taken out, table is cleared and dishes are done. What I can say is when you walk into my home, you know it's a home and that a family lives here.





A poem dedicated to the toys in my home

Toys,toys,toys, everywhere you look.
Toys in the living room,
Toys in my bedroom,
You'll even find special toys in the bathroom!
No matter where you turn,
No matter where you go,
You will always find
Toys,toys,toys, anywhere you look.

Since having kids I have learned that your living space is no longer your living space. For an example: my living room is in no short supply of toys. A matter of fact Kyle has 2 shelves and a crate of toys that grace our living room. Sariah has a corner just set up for her with a couple blankets of the floor and her play mat, plus her swing and her lounge chair. Oh and let's not forget the walker in the living room! If you come into our bedroom you won't find as many toys, but there are a few. Even in the bathroom you will find toys in the tub. Now even with all the toys, he still likes playing with anything he can find, toy or not. So my living space is no longer a living space, but rather a giant indoor play ground.




No comments:

Post a Comment